Welcome to Nine Months, Private Antenatal and Yoga for Birth Classes. We are a midwife - led antenatal education service that incorporates the benefits of yoga-based birthing practices into your antenatal preparation. Our 1-day workshops are designed to enable new parents to feel they can approach the birth of their baby with knowledge and confidence.
What Our 1-Day Classes Offer
Our classes cover everything you need to know as you prepare for the birth of your baby, as well as specific yoga-based techniques to help you through your labour. The information we provide is up to date and evidence-based. Birth partners are very much included and are encouraged to become central to the support of mums-to-be. Topics covered on the day include:
- Breathing & relaxation techniques
- Use of movement during labour
- Role of your birth partner
Why Private Antenatal Classes?
- One day classes are ideal for those who cannot attend several weekly classes
- Groups are small (6 couples max), allowing for plenty of questions, discussion and individual attention
- Our classes are presented in a relaxed, intimate and supportive atmosphere so couples can feel confident in asking questions, meeting and comparing notes with other expectant parents
- Our classes are midwife-led so you may be able to reclaim a part of the cost from your insurance provider
Where and When
Classes are held at Phoenix Yoga Studio, Mullingar. It is recommended that you attend your antenatal course between 28 and 36 weeks of pregnancy, so please view the Services page for details of up-coming classes.
All 1-day classes are held monthly, on Saturdays from 10AM to 4PM.
Phoenix Yoga Studio provides free parking and all the necessary equipment for the day.
The Importance of Antenatal Classes
- Antenatal classes should form an integral part of your preparation for birth
- Information is empowering and can help new parents feel more in control on the big day
- Good preparation will give you the confidence in your ability to cope with labour and the birth of your baby
- By combining theory with practical exercises, our antenatal classes will help you to gain this confidence